Dagoberto Cedillos, Strategy & Innovation Lead at Open Energi explores how smart charging can help unlock flexible capacity from Electric Vehicles. Electric Vehicles (EVs) have taken off in 2017 with […]
The next Power Responsive Flexibility Forum will take place on Thursday 11th January 2017, in London.
The agenda includes updates from BEIS, Ofgem, & National Grid, touching upon:
- Product Simplification Road Map – this will be the first opportunity to hear directly what this means for flexibility providers.
- System Planning Opportunities – National Grid’s Network Options Assessment team explore with stakeholders how System Planning could provide a new opportunity for demand side flexibility.
- Updates from BEIS and Ofgem from the Smart Systems Forum, and Charging Futures Forum
- Recent balancing services procurement and the Power Responsive Annual Report.
- Surgeries/drop-ins throughout the day will allow you to speak to experts from: the Capacity Market team, Power Potential Project, and Balancing Services Account Managers.
Please use the links below to view the full agenda, and to register your place.
The second Steering Group meeting for year 3 of Power Responsive took place on 11th October 2017 with discussions focusing on ‘the whole system benefit’, including:
- What is meant by ‘whole system’?
- How industry work streams are tackling ‘whole system’.
- National Grid’s Product Roadmap and ENA Commercial Principles paper.
- Customer views on ‘whole system’ approach
The meeting summary is available to download from the following link.
Ofgem have launched the second window of the regulatory sandbox, which will be open for expressions of interest until 27 October 2017.
The regulatory sandbox allows innovators to trial innovative business products, services and business models that cannot currently operate under the existing regulations. Trials run for a set period of time with a limited number of customers.
Ofgem want to support innovative ideas that bring benefits to consumers. This also helps them to understand emerging trends in the sector and identify areas in which regulation may need to adapt to sustain innovation.
Find out more through their blog, and how to submit an expression of interest through the links below.
The Power Responsive Flexibility Forum took place on 27th September 2017, in London. The forum is an amalgamation of the DSR Provider Group and Storage Working Group.
The agenda included updates from BEIS, Ofgem, & National Grid, touching upon:
- The latest from the BEIS/Ofgem Smart Systems and Flexibility Plan.
- National Grid’s Product Simplification consultation and the next steps to be taken.
- An overview of the ENA’s Commercial Principles Paper for contracted Flexibility and debate around the proposed models for a Smart Energy Grid.
- Overview of ongoing modifications on wider access to Balancing Mechanism for Flexibility.
Our summary note and speaker presentation slides can be downloaded from the links below.