The second Steering Group meeting for year 3 of Power Responsive took place on 11th October 2017 with discussions focusing on ‘the whole system benefit’, including:
- What is meant by ‘whole system’?
- How industry work streams are tackling ‘whole system’.
- National Grid’s Product Roadmap and ENA Commercial Principles paper.
- Customer views on ‘whole system’ approach
The meeting summary is available to download from the following link.
Ofgem have launched the second window of the regulatory sandbox, which will be open for expressions of interest until 27 October 2017.
The regulatory sandbox allows innovators to trial innovative business products, services and business models that cannot currently operate under the existing regulations. Trials run for a set period of time with a limited number of customers.
Ofgem want to support innovative ideas that bring benefits to consumers. This also helps them to understand emerging trends in the sector and identify areas in which regulation may need to adapt to sustain innovation.
Find out more through their blog, and how to submit an expression of interest through the links below.
The Power Responsive Flexibility Forum took place on 27th September 2017, in London. The forum is an amalgamation of the DSR Provider Group and Storage Working Group.
The agenda included updates from BEIS, Ofgem, & National Grid, touching upon:
- The latest from the BEIS/Ofgem Smart Systems and Flexibility Plan.
- National Grid’s Product Simplification consultation and the next steps to be taken.
- An overview of the ENA’s Commercial Principles Paper for contracted Flexibility and debate around the proposed models for a Smart Energy Grid.
- Overview of ongoing modifications on wider access to Balancing Mechanism for Flexibility.
Our summary note and speaker presentation slides can be downloaded from the links below.