Power Responsive’s 19th Steering Group meeting took place in June. Discussions focused on ‘The effects of COVID-19 on system operability and DSF Providers’ and the ‘ESO & WPD Regional Development Programme’.
The meeting summary has now been published and is available to download from the following link:
In place of the annual Power Responsive Summer Reception we will be running a two-week programme of podcasts sharing views and information from industry colleagues and experts. This Summer Insights Series aims to provide demand side stakeholders with short but focused updates and insights on flexibility developments to support the transition to a more flexible energy grid.
The series will begin from 29th June, with content released on a daily basis over the following two weeks. We are keen to hear if stakeholders have specific questions relating to the content that our insights will cover, including:
- Updates and future outlook for policy & the Smart Systems and Flexibility Plan
- Low demand & challenges to National Grid ESO summer operability
- Accessing DER in a hurry – Optional Downward Flexibility Management (ODFM)
- Covid-19 and the demand side – impacts and long-term effects
- Dynamic Containment and the ESO’s new suite of frequency products
- Regional Development Programmes – the future of local flexibility markets?
- Community Energy Projects – how are they evolving?
- The Open Networks Project & facilitating new DER?
- RIIO-D2 – what opportunities could the new distribution price control have for flexibility?
- Demand side and the Balancing Mechanism – navigating the Virtual Lead Party (VLP) route
- Capacity Market – 15-year agreements for DSR
Please contact us through email@example.com if you have any specific questions relating to these topics that you would like answered.
We are pleased to let you know that the latest Power Responsive Annual Report has now been published. The report highlights flexibility developments and market progress throughout 2019 as well as signalling future activity across the flexibility landscape for 2020/21.
The report itself covers:
- An overview of Power Responsive and the programme’s future strategy for supporting the development and participation of demand side markets.
- Highlights of recent policy, regulatory and industry-led initiatives supporting or impacting DSF.
- Demand side metrics across National Grid ESO Ancillary Services, the Capacity Market and Triad activity in 2019 assessing how these markets have developed over a three-year period.
- Future outlook for demand side markets and flexibility opportunities.
We’d like to thank Sustainability First for their assistance in preparing the report and for the Power Responsive programme in general.
We’re very much interested to hear your thoughts regarding the report, including how useful it is to you and your organisation, and where you think any future improvements could be made. Please provide us with your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking forward to publishing the full Power Responsive Annual Report very shortly, that aims to support flexibility providers and investors with insight into the demand side landscape. As a way of introducing the report ahead of the publication, we’re pleased to have recorded a vidcast to highlight the key messages that the report uncovers.
The vidcast highlights recent policy, regulatory and industry-led initiatives supporting or impacting demand side flexibility, as well as focusing on demand side metrics across National Grid ESO Ancillary Services in 2019, assessing how these markets have developed over a three-year period. We hope you find it interesting and useful to yourself and your organisation.
Please download the vidcast from the link below.
We will share the full report on the Power Responsive website and we will notify our stakeholder list as soon as the report is published. If you’d like to be notified when the full report is published, please register to our stakeholder list using the contact form on the footer below.