Dagoberto Cedillos, Strategy & Innovation Lead at Open Energi explores how smart charging can help unlock flexible capacity from Electric Vehicles. Electric Vehicles (EVs) have taken off in 2017 with […]
We are pleased to announce the publication of the Power Responsive Annual Report for 2017. The report has been designed for an audience with a good understanding of demand side flexibility (DSF), and serves to celebrate achievements to date, present a view of the current ‘state of play’ for DSF, and look ahead to flexibility opportunities.
We have built upon the 2016 report, in particular on metrics for participation within DSF markets, from which we hope to benchmark against in future years.
We’d like to thank Sustainability First for their assistance in preparing the report, Association for Decentralised Energy for conducting the self reporting survey through their membership, and to all who contributed their time at metrics steering groups.
National Grid as System Operator (SO) has today published its Product Roadmap for frequency response and reserve markets. It marks an important milestone in the wider review of balancing services undertaken through the System Needs and Product Strategy earlier this year.
The Product Roadmap sets out the actions to be taken forward for frequency response and reserve markets and details the principles that will govern the way that balancing services are procured in future.
Visit the Future of Balancing Services to download the Product Roadmap.
The latest Power Responsive Flexibility Forum took place on Thursday 11th January 2017, in London.
The agenda included updates from BEIS, Ofgem, & National Grid, touching upon:
- Product Simplification Road Map – the first opportunity to hear directly what this means for flexibility providers.
- System Planning Opportunities – National Grid’s Network Options Assessment team explored how System Planning could provide a new opportunity for demand side flexibility.
- Updates from BEIS and Ofgem from the Smart Systems Forum, and Charging Futures Forum
- Recent balancing services procurement and the Power Responsive Annual Report.
- Surgeries/drop-ins throughout the day allowed attendees to speak to experts from: the Capacity Market team, Power Potential Project, and Balancing Services Account Managers.
Please see our Flexibility Forum summary note with links to presentation slides. If you wish to join us at future forums, please register your details using the form at the bottom of the page.
The second Steering Group meeting for year 3 of Power Responsive took place on 11th October 2017 with discussions focusing on ‘the whole system benefit’, including:
- What is meant by ‘whole system’?
- How industry work streams are tackling ‘whole system’.
- National Grid’s Product Roadmap and ENA Commercial Principles paper.
- Customer views on ‘whole system’ approach
The meeting summary is available to download from the following link.