No upcoming events at the moment
In place of the annual Power Responsive Summer Reception we will be running a two-week programme of podcasts sharing views and information from industry colleagues and experts. This Summer Insights Series aims to provide demand side stakeholders with short but focused updates and insights on flexibility developments to support the transition to a more flexible energy grid.
The series will begin from 29th June, with content released on a daily basis over the following two weeks. We are keen to hear if stakeholders have specific questions relating to the content that our insights will cover, including:
- Updates and future outlook for policy & the Smart Systems and Flexibility Plan
- Low demand & challenges to National Grid ESO summer operability
- Accessing DER in a hurry – Optional Downward Flexibility Management (ODFM)
- Covid-19 and the demand side – impacts and long-term effects
- Dynamic Containment and the ESO’s new suite of frequency products
- Regional Development Programmes – the future of local flexibility markets?
- Community Energy Projects – how are they evolving?
- The Open Networks Project & facilitating new DER?
- RIIO-D2 – what opportunities could the new distribution price control have for flexibility?
- Demand side and the Balancing Mechanism – navigating the Virtual Lead Party (VLP) route
- Capacity Market – 15-year agreements for DSR
Please contact us through [email protected] if you have any specific questions relating to these topics that you would like answered.
Registrations to the January 2020 Power Responsive Flexibility Forum are now open. Taking place on 15th January at ETC Venues, 200 Aldersgate, St. Pauls, London – the forum will focus on market developments, DNO opportunities, and policy and regulatory updates.
Registrations to the 2019 Power Responsive Summer Reception are now open. Taking place on 26th June at Old Billingsgate, London – the reception will focus on ‘achieving low carbon ambitions’ with an afternoon Flexibility Forum, and an evening drinks reception.
Following the Power Responsive Flexibility Forum on Tuesday 23rd October at the Crystal – London, we’re pleased to share the forum summary and slide packs from the day’s presentations. Updates were given from:
- BEIS and Ofgem, with detail of how actions have progressed against the Smart Systems and Flexibility Plan, as well as a Network Access and Charging updates from Ofgem.
- Updates form National Grid ESO on Balancing Reforms, Wider Access to the BM, Project TERRE, Whole System approaches, and access to innovation funding.
- A look at the Code of Conduct for Aggregators from the Association of Decentralised Energy.
Please download the forum summary using the link below:
Power Responsive’s 13th Steering Group meeting took place on 3rd October 2018. Discussions focused on ‘current barriers to demand side flexibility’, ensuring that barriers are clearly understood and being addressed.
The steering group reflected on actions taken over the last 2-3 years and identified remaining barriers to demand side flexibility and potential solutions.
The meeting summary and discussion snapshot have now been published and are available to download from the following links:
The 4th Power Responsive annual event took place on Tuesday 26th June 2018 with an afternoon Flexibility Forum and an evening drinks reception.
Stakeholders from across the industry were welcomed to the HAC as we celebrated demand side success, and looked forward to future flexibility developments.
Please use the following link to download our event summary and speaker presentation slides from the day.
The latest Power Responsive Flexibility Forum took place on Thursday 11th January 2017, in London.
The agenda included updates from BEIS, Ofgem, & National Grid, touching upon:
- Product Simplification Road Map – the first opportunity to hear directly what this means for flexibility providers.
- System Planning Opportunities – National Grid’s Network Options Assessment team explored how System Planning could provide a new opportunity for demand side flexibility.
- Updates from BEIS and Ofgem from the Smart Systems Forum, and Charging Futures Forum
- Recent balancing services procurement and the Power Responsive Annual Report.
- Surgeries/drop-ins throughout the day allowed attendees to speak to experts from: the Capacity Market team, Power Potential Project, and Balancing Services Account Managers.
Please see our Flexibility Forum summary note with links to presentation slides. If you wish to join us at future forums, please register your details using the form at the bottom of the page.
The Power Responsive Flexibility Forum took place on 27th September 2017, in London. The forum is an amalgamation of the DSR Provider Group and Storage Working Group.
The agenda included updates from BEIS, Ofgem, & National Grid, touching upon:
- The latest from the BEIS/Ofgem Smart Systems and Flexibility Plan.
- National Grid’s Product Simplification consultation and the next steps to be taken.
- An overview of the ENA’s Commercial Principles Paper for contracted Flexibility and debate around the proposed models for a Smart Energy Grid.
- Overview of ongoing modifications on wider access to Balancing Mechanism for Flexibility.
Our summary note and speaker presentation slides can be downloaded from the links below.
The third Power Responsive Conference took take place on 27th June 2017 at the Emirates Stadium, London. We’d like to extend our thanks to all speakers, exhibitors, and attendees from the day. Please use the links below to view our summary note, and presenter slides from the day.
The Power Responsive Flexibility Investor event took place on 10th May at Altitude 360 in London. Presentations from industry experts, Ofgem, and National Grid provided guests with insight into the latest industry activity with a view to addressing myths that surround energy flexibility. Please see our event summary where presentation slides can also be downloaded.
Power Responsive held a roundtable discussion with Trade Associations from a variety of energy related sectors. Discussion focused on how Power Responsive can work more closely with the energy market and business customer Trade Associations, and how the 2016 Power Responsive Annual Report can be developed further to encompass a wider set of metrics. Please view our summary note and provide any feedback to [email protected]
Our first Storage Working Group took place on the 5th December at the Amba Hotel in London. Please find links to our summary document and presentation slides below. The date for the next Storage Working Group will be announced shortly. Please register for Power Responsive updates at the bottom of the page to ensure you receive an event invitation.
National Grid partnered with ScottishPower, and Scottish and Southern Energy Networks (SSEN) to host a workshop on Demand Side Flexibility to Scottish I&C customers. The aim of the workshop was to present and inform Scottish I&C customers of the Demand Side Response (DSR) opportunities available to them, the appropriate routes to market, and to answer any questions regarding perceived barriers to entry.
A year on from the launch of Power Responsive, we were delighted to host the second annual conference, bringing together energy industry experts and business customers. This conference addressed how businesses can unlock the benefits of demand side participation, with a view to closing the gap between awareness and action.
We held plenary sessions in the morning with a host of leading industry experts, and offered a choice of more informal breakout sessions in the afternoon where delegates could drill deeper into the topics most pertinent to them. The exhibition space provided a valuable opportunity to engage with suppliers.
Various documents relating to the conference can be downloaded below.