The next Power Responsive Flexibility Forum will take place on Thursday 11th January 2017, in London.
The agenda includes updates from BEIS, Ofgem, & National Grid, touching upon:
- Product Simplification Road Map – this will be the first opportunity to hear directly what this means for flexibility providers.
- System Planning Opportunities – National Grid’s Network Options Assessment team explore with stakeholders how System Planning could provide a new opportunity for demand side flexibility.
- Updates from BEIS and Ofgem from the Smart Systems Forum, and Charging Futures Forum
- Recent balancing services procurement and the Power Responsive Annual Report.
- Surgeries/drop-ins throughout the day will allow you to speak to experts from: the Capacity Market team, Power Potential Project, and Balancing Services Account Managers.
Please use the links below to view the full agenda, and to register your place.
The Power Responsive Flexibility Forum took place on 27th September 2017, in London. The forum is an amalgamation of the DSR Provider Group and Storage Working Group.
The agenda included updates from BEIS, Ofgem, & National Grid, touching upon:
- The latest from the BEIS/Ofgem Smart Systems and Flexibility Plan.
- National Grid’s Product Simplification consultation and the next steps to be taken.
- An overview of the ENA’s Commercial Principles Paper for contracted Flexibility and debate around the proposed models for a Smart Energy Grid.
- Overview of ongoing modifications on wider access to Balancing Mechanism for Flexibility.
Our summary note and speaker presentation slides can be downloaded from the links below.
The Power Responsive Flexibility Investor event took place on 10th May at Altitude 360 in London. Presentations from industry experts, Ofgem, and National Grid provided guests with insight into the latest industry activity with a view to addressing myths that surround energy flexibility. Please see our event summary where presentation slides can also be downloaded.
Power Responsive held a roundtable discussion with Trade Associations from a variety of energy related sectors. Discussion focused on how Power Responsive can work more closely with the energy market and business customer Trade Associations, and how the 2016 Power Responsive Annual Report can be developed further to encompass a wider set of metrics. Please view our summary note and provide any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our first Storage Working Group took place on the 5th December at the Amba Hotel in London. Please find links to our summary document and presentation slides below. The date for the next Storage Working Group will be announced shortly. Please register for Power Responsive updates at the bottom of the page to ensure you receive an event invitation.
National Grid partnered with ScottishPower, and Scottish and Southern Energy Networks (SSEN) to host a workshop on Demand Side Flexibility to Scottish I&C customers. The aim of the workshop was to present and inform Scottish I&C customers of the Demand Side Response (DSR) opportunities available to them, the appropriate routes to market, and to answer any questions regarding perceived barriers to entry.
A year on from the launch of Power Responsive, we were delighted to host the second annual conference, bringing together energy industry experts and business customers. This conference addressed how businesses can unlock the benefits of demand side participation, with a view to closing the gap between awareness and action.
We held plenary sessions in the morning with a host of leading industry experts, and offered a choice of more informal breakout sessions in the afternoon where delegates could drill deeper into the topics most pertinent to them. The exhibition space provided a valuable opportunity to engage with suppliers.
Various documents relating to the conference can be downloaded below.